Value: $10,000 (Green Farm stream); $16,000 (Green Internships stream).
The Agricultural Youth Green Jobs Initiative will help fund internships for post-secondary graduates working in the agriculture industry. These internships would include activities or projects that benefit the environment. Note that this is not a summer employment program. Funding is available through the following two streams:
- Green Farms Stream: Farm operators could receive up to a maximum of $10,000 per intern to implement projects that are environmentally beneficial
- Green Internships Stream: Employers in the agricultural sector but not directly on farm could receive up to a maximum of $16,000 per intern to undertake environmental activities, services or research that will benefit the agriculture sector
- Farms (sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations)
- For-profit organizations
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Provincial and municipal governments
Funds may only be allocated for salaries and social benefits. The employer is responsible for paying the employee.
Deadline: Applications opened January 15, 2018. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
Contact: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada | 1-866-452-5558