Value: 50% of eligible expenses up to $200,000 per year or a maximum of $1,000,000 over five years.
The AgriDiversity Program aims to help under-represented groups in Canadian agriculture, including youth, women, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities, to fully participate in the sector by helping these groups address the key issues and barriers they often face for sector participation.The program will help to strengthen the sector and build its capacity by:
- Helping diverse groups to better develop their skills to take on a greater leadership role
- Building the entrepreneurial capacity and business skills of under-represented groups
- Facilitating the sharing of industry experience, best practices and knowledge to help under-represented groups to manage transformation and adapt to changes in business operations
- Strengthening the sector by incorporating the views of a greater diversity of industry players
Not-for-profit organizations that operate solely for social welfare, civic improvement, pleasure or recreation, any other purpose except profit. They may include:
- Indigenous groups
- Official Language Minority Communities
The Program will prioritize projects that help under-represented groups (youth, women, Indigenous Peoples, and persons with disabilities) to:
- Build their entrepreneurial capacity and business skills
- Better develop their skills to take on a greater leadership role
- Enhance their involvement in the agriculture sector, including awareness of career opportunities
- Strengthen their capacity to be leaders in the sector
Deadline: September 30, 2022, or until funding has been fully committed or until otherwise announced by the program. The program ends March 31, 2023.
Contact: AgriDiversity Program | 1-877-246-4682 | firstname.lastname@example.org