Value: Maximum $200,000
The Alberta Media Fund (AMF) provides support to organizations and individuals involved in the Cultural Industries, which include screen-based media production, book and magazine publishing and sound recordings. The Post-Production, Visual Effects and Digital Animation Grant assists post-production companies with a labour based grant, encouraging activity in the post-production, visual effects and digital animation sector in Alberta.
- Be able to demonstrate that their primary business is the development and delivery of post-production services within Alberta, including the development of visual effects and digital animation
- Be incorporated for at least one year in Alberta under the Business Corporations Act, or be registered as an extra-provincial company in Alberta under that Act for at least one year, and be in good standing with the Corporate Registry
- Include but are not limited to the editing of video and audio, subtitling, closed-captioning, the creation and editing of visual and sound effects, and digital animation
- Are productions or projects produced primarily for distribution to a mass or public audience
- Are not, based on inquiries the Minister considers adequate and appropriate, directly associated with a product for which public financial support would be contrary to public policy
- Started principal photography not more than six (6) months prior to application date
Deadline: March 31, 2018 or when the program budget has been fully expended. Applications must be submitted no later than six months following the project principal photography start date.
Contact: Alberta Culture and Tourism | 1-888-813-1738 | firstname.lastname@example.org