Value: Funding for Alberta Applicants per project is up to $300,000 CAD and between 1,000,000 RMB and 5,000,000 RMB for Zhejiang Applicants.
The Program has been developed between the Government of Alberta’s Department of Economic Development & Trade and Science & Technology Department of Zhejiang Provincial People’s Government to facilitate industry collaboration in research and development, and encourage innovative technological development opportunities in Alberta and Zhejiang for the purpose of commercialization. The Program’s objectives are to stimulate SME’s access to global technical expertise and investment, and enhance technology transfer and market access opportunities. Funding is for strategic, industry-driven commercialization projects that involve novel and innovative products and materials in the following applicable sectors: Energy saving and renewable energy technologies, environmental technologies. Projects under the Program are to be joint industry projects involving one applicant company from each jurisdiction. The projects may have a term of no more than three years.
- Be a for-profit SME and be Arm’s Length from the Zhejiang Applicant (cannot have any legal relationship with the Zhejiang Applicant)
- Have a physical presence in Alberta
- Be a legal entity: (i) incorporated in Alberta; or (ii) incorporated Federally or in another jurisdiction AND extra-provincially registered in Alberta; or (iii) a General Partnership, Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership AND registered in Alberta
- Be an advanced technology-oriented business developing innovative new products for growing markets
- Does not have an outstanding balance or otherwise owe money to any Alberta Innovates organization, subsidiary, affiliate or partner
- Related labour costs
- Costs of materials
- Acquisitions of property including capital improvements to facility premises and capital equipment
- Acquisitions of software or information databases
- Additional direct operating costs (incurred at reasonable market rates), not falling within the categories of labour and materials
- Technology transfer to the Applicant from an Alberta public sector research organization
- Costs related to travel (including mileage, airfare and accommodation)
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact: Sandra Candie | 780-450-5550 | email@example.com