Value: Maximum $2000 per submission.
The Animal Rescue Fund (ARF) is a grant provided to not-for-profit pet rescue organizations. These grants are specific for rescue animals in need of medical attention that aligns with the Animal Care and Control missions, such as: spay and neuter, vaccinations, microchipping, dental and surgeries that result in an increased adoptability rate for the animal.
- Rescue groups that have a home base of Edmonton, AB with special consideration given to groups who support the Animal Care & Control Centre and the Edmonton Humane Society
- Rescue groups that are registered as a non-profit company with the business goal of pet rescue, pet adoption and humane animal care
- Groups that carry liability insurance of not less than $2 million inclusive limit for any one occurrence
- Rescue groups that ensure their dogs and cats are spayed or neutered prior to being adopted
- Organizations that are committed to actively promote City of Edmonton/municipal pet licensing as part of their adoption process
- Rescue groups that support the rescue AND adoption of pets within Edmonton city limits. If a rescue’s target community is not Edmonton based, these funds can be utilized for animals who were in care at Edmonton’s Animal Care & Control Centre and transferred to the Edmonton Humane Society, prior to being transferred to the rescue
- Rescues that are in good standing with the City of Edmonton, the Animal Care & Control Centre, the Edmonton Humane Society and the Alberta SPCA
- Targeted spay/neuter initiatives
- Applications for the care of animals rescued from directly within Edmonton city limits
- Applications for the care of animals transferred from Edmonton’s Animal Care & Control Centre (ACCC) directly to the rescue
- Applications for the care of animals who were in care at Edmonton’s Animal Care & Control Centre and transferred to the Edmonton Humane Society, prior to being transferred to the rescue
- Funds can be used to increase the adoptability of rescue pets from Edmonton and area through medical care, dental care, spaying/neutering, permanent I.D. (microchipping or tattooing), vaccinations, and transportation to/from other communities
Applications are accepted quarterly beginning January 1 of the current year. One application per quarter, per rescue. Applications are accepted until November 30 of the current year (while allocated funds are available).
Contact: Tanya Laughren | 780-495-0327 | firstname.lastname@example.org