Value: Employers will be able to receive a minimum of one third direct training costs up to a maximum of $10,000 per training in government contributions.
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is an employer-driven training program. This means that employers decide on who gets training and what type of training may be needed for new and existing employees. Employers are required to use a third-party training provider to deliver the formal training either onsite, online, or in a classroom setting. The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is part of the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta’s commitment to help address skills mismatches and ensure that employees are being trained in high-demand areas.
- All private sector and non-profit employers in Alberta
- First Nations and Métis Settlements in Alberta
- Some Crown agencies in communities with population less than 100,000
- New or existing employees that will fill current or future job vacancies
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) entitled to work in Canada who are currently residing in Alberta
- Must be eligible Alberta third-party training providers who are separate and distinct from the employer
- An explanation must be provided to justify out-of-province training requests
Eligible Training Programs:
- Training must be incremental, meaning that the training is in addition to the employer’s regular operational training, and would not have otherwise taken place without the grant
- Must result in a credential
Contact: Canada-Alberta Job Grant | 1-855-638-9424 | email@example.com