Value: 75% of the total eligible cost of the project.
The Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) provides financial assistance to Canadian print magazines, non-daily newspapers and digital periodicals, to enable them to overcome market disadvantages and continue to provide Canadian readers with the content they choose to read. The CPF has three components:
- Aid to Publishers
- Business Innovation
- Collective Initiatives
The Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) – Aid to Publishers component provides financial assistance to Canadian print magazines, non-daily newspapers and digital periodicals. Using a formula based on eligible copies sold or circulated by verified request over a 12-month period, the Aid to Publishers component provides funding to eligible Canadian publications. Publishers are able to use funding to support the creation of content, production, distribution, online activities or business development.
- Publishing firms
- Be private-sector entities, including corporations, not-for-profit organizations, partnerships and sole proprietorships
- Be majority owned and controlled by Canadians
- Have their principal place of business in Canada
- Have published one or more eligible periodicals at the application deadline
- Creation (writing, editing, photography, illustration and design)
- Production (pre-press and printing)
- Website development and enhancement (including content development, and enhancements to the site’s architecture and functionality)
- Production of a digital periodical associated with an eligible print periodical
Deadline: Currently closed. Possible future deadline to be determined.
Contact: Department of Canadian Heritage | 1-866-811-0055