Value: $2,000 each school year (August 1 to July 31) of your studies.
Canada Student Grants are available to students from most provinces and territories except those from the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec. These governments have their own student financial assistance programs. If you qualify for a Canada Student Loan, you are automatically assessed for most Canada Student Grants, with the exception of the Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities, which requires a separate application. You may be eligible to receive more than one grant.
The Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities is available for each year of your studies as long as you still qualify.
- Apply and qualify for full-time or part-time student financial assistance (have at least a $1 of assessed financial need)
- Are enrolled in a full-time or part-time program at a designated post-secondary institution
- Meet the criteria for students with permanent disabilities
- Include one of the following with your loan application as proof of your disability
- A medical certificate
- A psycho-educational assessment
- Documents that prove you have received federal or provincial permanent disability assistance
Deadline: Your eligibility for this Canada Student Grant is assessed automatically when you apply and qualify for student financial assistance through your province or territory of residence.
Contact: Student Aid Alberta Service Centre | 1-855-606-2096