Value: 50% of total eligible costs, up to a maximum of $20,000 in matching funds.
The Career Focus Program will help fund 65 agricultural internships for Canadian graduates. Each internship will last at least four months to a maximum of 12 months. They will be long enough to provide meaningful experience to the employee. The Career Focus Program within AAFC will provide $864,000 each year to projects that hire recent graduates in agriculture, agri-food science, and veterinary medicine. Please note that this program is not a summer employment program.
Eligible employers are organizations who can offer projects that will give employees:
- Agriculture career-related work experiences in Canada
- Skills acquisition through mentoring and coaching
These organizations may be from:
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Provincial and municipal governments
- Between the ages of 15 and 30
- Unemployed or under-employed
- Have graduated in the last three calendar years from:
- An agriculture-related program in a university, college, or CEGEP or
- A provincial program focusing on biological, agricultural and veterinary science or applied technology
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Salaries and social benefits
Deadline: Between November 1 and November 30 each year for internships beginning on or after April 1 of the following year.
Contact: Career Focus | 1-866-452-5558 | AAFC.Career.focus-Objectif.carriere.AAC@agr.gc.ca