Value: Maximum contribution of the lesser of 50% of the project or $1,200,000.
The CMF is a not-for-profit corporation that delivers $371.2 million in funding annually to support the Canadian television and digital media industries through two streams of funding: The Experimental Stream and the Convergent Stream. The CMF’s Experimental Stream now has 3 core Programs:
- The Commercial Projects Pilot Program (“C3P”)
- The Web Series Pilot Program
- The Innovation Program
The Commercial Projects Pilot Program (“C3P”), designed to support the production of Canadian digital media content and software applications which have an increased focus on potential commercial success.
- A Canadian for-profit company
- Has its head office based in Canada
- A Canadian broadcaster, public or private, that is licensed to operate as such by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC)
- Research and preparation of content
- Salaries and benefits/wages/contracts for project teams (global project management, preparation, digitization, development of interpretive materials, editing and proofreading)
- Technology infrastructure (hardware and software)
- Expenses to put content online, including copyright clearance, documentation, design and development, translation costs
- Travel and accommodations
- Project audit fees
- Other technical and administrative expenses
- Marketing and promotion
Deadlines: Currently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact: Canada Media Fund | email@example.com