Value: Community initiatives will begin at $10,000, up to 50% of the project’s value. Regional initiatives will begin at $25,000, up to 50% of the project’s value.
The CARES Program is a two year initiative under the Alberta Jobs Plan that will run from 2016 to 2018. The program funds initiatives of Alberta municipalities, communities and regions that enhance local economic conditions, leverage regional economic development resources, and build local and regional capacity for sustainable economic development delivery.
- Incorporated non-profits organizations, associations or societies whose primary purpose is for economic development. Organization must be incorporated as of January 1, 2016, and be in good standing with required filings and their status
- Métis settlements
- Formal and project-based partnerships between combinations of the above entities
- Funded activities must aim at promoting international business development, represent new initiatives and provide an opportunity to yield concrete results
- For ease of verification and audit, the following activities would be eligible for funding through the grant with a maximum reimbursement of 50% of the costs incurred
- Accommodation in a standard room
- Return economy airfare with allowance for the first single piece of checked personal luggage and one carry-on
- Registration for participation at select trade shows and/or events
- Translation of marketing materials
- Tender document(s)
Deadline: October 1, 2017 to midnight on November 30, 2017
Contact: Community and Regional Economic Support Program | CARES.firstname.lastname@example.org