Value: Maximum $250,000 per fiscal year, approved on a matching basis.
Community Initiatives Program (CIP) funds initiatives that enhance and enrich communities throughout Alberta. The program reinvests revenues generated from provincial lotteries to communities, empowers local citizens and community organizations to work together, and responds to local needs. CIP provides a variety of funding streams in order to address the specific or unique needs of community-based organizations.
- CIP Project-Based
- CIP Operating
- CIP International Development
- CIP Major Cultural and Sport Events
The Major Cultural and Sport Events funding stream (MCSE) builds on Alberta’s reputation as an attractive destination and proven capacity for hosting a range of national and international calibre cultural and sport events. The purpose of the program is to streamline processes and maximize limited funding for organizations applying through multiple sources within Alberta Culture and Tourism. Major Cultural and Sport Event grant stream will consider the following type of events:
- Sport – The focus is on national or international amateur sport events recognized by national sport organizations or international federations. This could include national and world championships and world cup events
- Cultural – The focus is on national or international cultural events that are recognized by the respective governing body
- Non-profit organizations and registered charities
- A First Nation or Métis Settlement in Alberta
- Foundations established and regulated under Alberta’s Regional Health Authorities Act
- A University, college, or institute as defined under Alberta’s Post-Secondary Learning Act
CIP Major Cultural and Sport Events funding provides financial assistance to enhance the capacity of organizations in their pursuit of, planning for, and hosting of national and international cultural and sport events that will support the social and economic well-being of Albertans and the host communities.
Deadline: October 1, 2017
Contact: Edmonton Region – Kristine Telenko | 780-422-9574