Value: Maximum $300,000
The Québec government encourages the participation of the Aboriginal communities of the Middle and Far North in the development of the mineral potential of this vast unexplored territory.
The preferred approach is to foster the creation of mineral exploration funds in Aboriginal communities and to support mineral potential development, mineral exploration awareness, workforce training, and prospecting activities. and exploration, technical and financial assistance to prospectors and assistance with the creation of exploration companies.
The annual assistance offered covers the Middle and Far North regions and can reach $ 300,000 per fund. The Aboriginal community must also participate in the fund’s activities.
The mission of the CMEB is to develop mineral exploration in EeyouIstchee and promote increased involvement of Crees in activities related to the development of natural resources.
As part of its mandate, the CMEB:
- Assists the Crees in accessing mineral exploration opportunities
- Develops regional organizations involved in the mineral resource industry
- Facilitates the development of mineral exploration activities by Cree Enterprises
- Facilitates and encourages access by Crees and Cree Enterprises to regular Québec program funding and other incentives for mineral exploration activities
- Provides a point of entry for offers of services by Crees and Cree Enterprises in the field of mineral exploration
Priority for funding goes to Cree entrepreneurs and Cree prospectors. The CMEB also encourages and facilitates joint ventures project with Cree partners.
To apply for funding, prospectors have to:
- Belong to the Québec Prospectors Association
- Complete training program in prospecting
- Submit a proposal for a feasible prospecting project
Mineral exploration and related activities in EeyouIstchee.
Contact: Cree Mineral Exploration Board | (819) 978-0264