Value: Maximum $30,000
Global Fund for Women invests in women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. We strengthen women-led groups based outside the United States by providing grants ranging from $5,000 to $30,000 per year for operating and project expenses. First-time grant awards generally range from $5,000 to $13,000 per year. We value local expertise and believe that women themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change. To maximize our impact in defending and expanding hard won gains in women’s rights, Global Fund for Women’s grant making will focus on three critical areas:
- Freedom from Violence
- Economic & Political Equality
- Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights
- It is based in a country outside the United States
- Its primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities. Please note that groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals are not eligible to apply
- It is a group of women working together. We do not accept requests from individuals and do not fund projects proposed by or for the benefit of individuals (including scholarships)
- It is governed, directed, and led by women. Women must fill all or most of the leadership roles throughout the various decision-making levels of the group (including but not limited to the most senior decision-making levels). Exception: Women-focused projects within mixed-gender organizations may occasionally receive support from Global Fund for Women if they work with particularly marginalized groups: for example, women within groups of people with disabilities or women within LGBTQI organizations
Operating and project expenses.
Deadline: Currently closed. Future deadline to be determined.
Contact: Global Fund for Women | firstname.lastname@example.org