The 2 Billion Trees (2BT) program aims to motivate and support new tree planting projects. Over the next 10 years, up to $3.2 billion will be invested in tree planting efforts to support provinces, territories, third-party organizations (for and not-for profit) and Indigenous organizations to plant two billion trees across Canada.
The 2 Billion Trees Capacity Building Stream seeks to support organizations in improving capacity to make sound decisions in implementing successful planting and management of trees and forests.
Open to the following:
- Municipalities, local governments and their agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Indigenous communities and organizations (for-profit and non-profit)
Eligible activities will include:
- Efforts to encourage and facilitate involvement in planning and undertaking tree planting, including knowledge building and transfer, training and outreach.
- Capacity building related to management, protection and monitoring of trees and forests.
- Developing tools to assist with strategic planning for urban or community forests, training on planting techniques, and/or monitoring of tree survivability.