Valueup to $2,500.
In recognition of the 50th Anniversary of the AFA Art Collection (established in 1972), this program supports individual Alberta artists, ensembles, or independent curators with one-time funding of up to $2,500. This program supports specific visual arts projects that explore or engage with the history and diversity of visual arts in Alberta, or respond to our province’s visual culture and identity.
This funding opportunity is a subsection of our Visual Arts and New Media funding opportunity.
To be eligible for individual project funding, you must be a resident of Alberta. This means you:
- are legally entitled to be or remain in Canada
- are legally entitled to work in Canada
- have had your primary residence in Alberta for at least one full year before applying
You must be in good standing with the AFA to apply.
Applicants, including ensembles or collectives, cannot be incorporated under either provincial or federal legislation.
Ensembles, collectives, and collaborations
Ensembles, collectives, and collaborations are eligible to apply to this program and must list all principal artists involved in the project activities as part of their application. All members of an ensemble, collective, or collaboration must meet the individual eligibility criteria.
You can receive up to $2,500 to support your project. You may apply for up to 100% of eligible expenses that are directly related to carrying out your proposed project.
These expenses may include, but are not limited to:
- contracted artist and technician fees
- commission fees
- production, including materials and supplies that are appropriate for the development of the project
- promotion and publicity
- transportation and accommodation
- administration and contract fees
- basic living/subsistence expenses (housing, local transportation, food, childcare, dependent care)
- other expenses and supplies considered by the AFA to be reasonable and necessary
Deadline DateDecember 1, 2022
Contact Name: Kari McQueen, Arts Development Consultant - Visual Arts and New Media
Phone Number: 780-415-0288
E-mail Address: email@example.com