ValueOne year of funding of $30,000
The Alberta SPOR SUPPORT Unit (AbSPORU) Graduate Studentship provides opportunities for individuals enrolled in a thesis-based Master’s or PhD program at an Alberta university to undertake patient-oriented health-related research.
AbSPORU Graduate Studentship recipients will have the opportunity to attain the knowledge and experience to transition to careers in research and innovation areas that leverage their scientific training and expertise.
AbSPORU Graduate Studentships are open to individuals who:
- Are enrolled in, or accepted to, a graduate program at a post-secondary institution in Alberta.
- Are in, or entering, their first year of graduate program.
- Clearly articulate that their proposed project meaningfully engages patients as partners AND, must also demonstrate one of the following:
- Focuses on patient-identified priorities
- Aims to improve patient outcomes
For AbSPORU/AI, the ultimate impact of funding, facilitating patient-oriented research and innovation is to realize health, social, and economic benefits for patients and the health system. The results and benefits from research are captured across broad categories of
impact that include capacity building, knowledge generation, informing decision making, health, social,
and economic benefit
Deadline DateOctober 23, 2020
Contact Name: Alberta Innovates
E-mail Address: email@example.com