Value50% of total eligible project costs up to $600,000 CAD per Project, over a maximum term of 24 months.
The Accelerating Innovations into CarE (AICE) – Market Access Program accelerates health innovations that face evidentiary hurdles in achieving market access. The Program supports small-to-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) and real-world testing sites (Testing Sites) in carrying out clinical trials, feasibility studies or real-world trials to fast-track commercial progression and market adoption.
The program is open to Alberta-based small- and medium-sized health technology innovation companies partnered with an independent clinical/user testing organization providing data and a potential buyer perspective.
Ideal Applicants have:
- Validated technology that outperforms its direct and indirect competitors that is regulatory approved or ready (ITA/CTA) for clinical testing;
- Ownership or exclusive rights to the technology;
- An experienced and well-rounded management team; and
- Acquired private investment and/or generating revenue from sales
The AICE-Market Access Program improves Alberta’s competitiveness in the health innovation sector on a global scale.
SMEs who participate in the AICE – Market Access Program can expect to:
- Acquire evidence through clinical or real-world trials that support rapid market access and adoption,
- Progress towards commercialization across the all four Health Innovation Cycle domains – from clinical and end-user safety and feasibility to real-world implementation.
Contact Name: Bindi Ferguson Director, Commercialization - Health Innovation
Phone Number: 780-306-1099
E-mail Address: Bindi.Ferguson@albertainnovates.ca