ValueAlberta Innovates will contribute up to $300,000 CAD to support approved projects over a maximum term of 24 months. A minimum of 25% of total eligible Project Costs must be provided by the Applicant as cash or in-kind contributions
The Accelerating Innovations into CarE (AICE) – Validate Program supports innovative small-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) along their journey developing digital and data-enabled health technology.
This Program will help Alberta’s innovators overcome the hurdles associated with digital health technology commercialization, across the key domains of:
- Product Development,
- Business Readiness,
- Product-Market Fit, and
- Regulatory Compliance.
- Be a for-profit Small-to-medium enterprise (SME) corporation, defined as having fewer than 500 full time employees, and less than $50,000,000 annual gross revenue;
- Have a significant physical and corporate operational presence in Alberta and be able to demonstrate that operational benefits will flow primarily within the province of Alberta;
- Be able to demonstrate completion or near-completion of all milestones associated with “Discovering”, “Ideating”, and “Conceptualizing” stages of the Alberta Innovates Client Journey (see the intake form on the AICE – Validate webpage for milestone details);
- Present a sound plan that will enable demonstrable progression along the “Committing” and “Validating” phases across the four domains of Product-Market Fit, Business Readiness, Regulatory Compliance, and Product Development;
- See program guide for full details.
Alberta Innovates only funds reasonable costs incurred. Any costs incurred prior to the Effective Date in the Investment Agreement, or costs greater than market prices are deemed ineligible. Please refer to our standard form Investment Agreement found on our website to get an in-depth understanding of eligible and ineligible costs.
Deadline DateFull Application Approximate Cut-Off Dates: June 18, 2021; August 13, 2021; October 15, 2021; January 14, 2022.
Contact Name: Graham Anderson (Senior Business Partner - Health Innovation)
Phone Number: 780-306-1329
E-mail Address: Graham.Anderson@albertainnovates.ca