ValueReceive a wage subsidy between $12.50/hour and $15/hour for a four-to-six-month position.
This program was funded by the Government of Canada’s Opportunities Fund for Persons with Disabilities. It provided employers with a wage subsidy between $12.50/hour and $15/hour for a four-to-six-month position to be filled by U of A students or alumni with disabilities who are seeking positions that align with their level of education and experience. Funding for AWEP ran out in March, 2022. And we are exploring other funding opportunities that would allow us to continue to support students and alumni with disabilities in their career development and job search process.
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Municipal governments
- Aboriginal organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities)
- For-profit organization
- Provincial and territorial governments, institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations
Students and Alumni:
- Self-identify as having a permanent mental or physical disability that restricts your ability to perform daily activities and require assistance to prepare for, obtain, and maintain employment.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Committed to and able to complete the program.
- Requires assistance to prepare for, obtain self-employment.
- Is not eligible for assistance under Employment Insurance.
- Wage subsidy
WATCH THE INTERVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-v2DpVbcM&feature=youtu.be
Deadline DateFunding for AWEP ran out in March, 2022.
Contact Name: University of Alberta
Phone Number: 780-492-6759
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org