ValueReceive a wage subsidy between $12.50/hour and $15/hour for a four-to-six-month position.
Receive a wage subsidy between $12.50/hour and $15/hour for a four-to-six-month position to be filled by U of A students or alumni with disabilities who are seeking positions that align with their level of education and experience. The wage subsidy amount is based on the type of position and appropriate salary level; the wage subsidy can cover up to 80% of a participant’s wage with the expectation that employers will top-up this amount.
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Municipal governments
- Aboriginal organizations (including band councils, tribal councils and self-government entities)
- For-profit organization
- Provincial and territorial governments, institutions, agencies and Crown Corporations
Students and Alumni:
- Self-identify as having a permanent mental or physical disability that restricts your ability to perform daily activities and require assistance to prepare for, obtain, and maintain employment.
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or refugee legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Committed to and able to complete the program.
- Requires assistance to prepare for, obtain self-employment.
- Is not eligible for assistance under Employment Insurance.
- Wage subsidy
Deadline DateFunding for AWEP is scheduled to end March 31, 2022.
Phone Number: 780-492-6759
E-mail Address: email@example.com