The Agri-Environmental Support Program funds environmental research on vegetation, soil, feed and water quality in agricultural areas. This includes:
- assessing the best areas to develop agriculture land;
- updating and creating new environmental datasets;
- supporting 3rd-party scientific assessment for projects needing Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Act(YESAA) review or permits; and
- supporting research studies or workshops on the impact of climate change on agriculture.
- Producer organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Field work and associated data collection.
- Scientific assessments by a qualified 3rd party. These assessments are for agri-based projects requiring an assessment under YESAA. They can also be for an agri-based activity requiring a permit, such as a water license for irrigation.
- Irrigation suitability mapping for future agriculture land irrigation. This includes water source options analysis for irrigation.
Contact Name: Government of Yukon, Agriculture Branch
E-mail Address: email@example.com