The Agriculture and Value-Added Development Program helps commercial producers and processors take advantage of market opportunities by:
- developing, diversifying or expanding your operation; or
- developing products that add value to primary agriculture.
- Producer or processor organizations.
- Agricultural non-profits.
Examples of eligible activities.
- Purchase or construct infrastructure such as:
- storage facilities;
- processing kitchens;
- equipment for abattoirs and meat-processing facilities; and
- specialized equipment.
- Assistance for multi-user irrigation projects that will lead to growth in the agriculture sector.
- Develop or commercialize regional country food (wild harvest).
Other activities to expand commercial agriculture operations, such as:
- purchasing equipment;
- upgrading or leasing facilities;
- hiring 3rd-party labour; or
- hiring consultant services for professional, technical and analytical support.
Contact Name: Government of Yukon, Agriculture Branch
Phone Number: 867-667-5838
E-mail Address: email@example.com