Value30% funding assistance on total eligible project costs to a maximum of $300,000.
The Agriculture Business Advancer Program supports new technologies, processes or specialized equipment for the purpose of business growth and expansion into new crops, products or markets.
A Nova Scotia farm:
- currently registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act;
- applicant is at least 19 years old and actively farming in the program year;
- has generated an annual eligible gross commodity income of $1,000,000.
- currently planning expansion and growth.
- Adoption of Technologies / Equipment- financial support will be provided to assist with projects that focus on the adoption of technologies (i.e.equipment) new to the current farm operation or new to Nova Scotia agriculture. Adoption of technologies in Nova Scotia that increase productivity, efficiency, and reduce labour are eligible, and require a strong business case when applying.
- Adoption of New on Farm Processes, Practices and Techniques -financial support will be provided to assist with projects that focus on the adoption of new/ innovative on farm processes, practices and techniques. Technology/knowledge for this project should be shared with industry where possible.
- Eligible expenses include:
• direct project costs;
• installation costs;
• consultants / professional fees / training;
• materials / supplies / rentals;
• specialized equipment / shipping;
• transfer of knowledge / sharing of information activities;
• other expenses with pre-approval.
Deadline Date31 December, 2022
Contact Name: Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
Phone Number: 902 893-6377
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org