ValueMaximum $100,000. The applicant is also required to contribute to the project – both cash and in-kind contributions. Each type of contribution must equal a minimum of 25 per cent of the quoted cost of equipment use.
In line with Government of Alberta priorities and the Alberta Innovates Bio Solutions Business Plan, the purpose of the Alberta Bio Future program is to increase the value derived from Alberta’s abundant, renewable biomass resource, and to expand a competitive, sustainable and profitable bio industrial sector (materials, chemicals and energy) through an integrated program with a strong industry focus. In addition to supporting the forest and agriculture sectors, the Alberta Bio Future program represents a potentially significant opportunity to diversify the provincial economy.
Alberta Bio Future is the overarching program that will provide funding in these three priority areas:
- Discovery and developmental research
- Testing and commercialization
- Equipment utilization
- Be from an Alberta-based applicant
- Be submitted by operating companies or sole proprietorships
- Have the project work carried out primarily in Alberta
- Have a direct application to the bio industrial sector. (Note: in this program, bio industrial products exclude food, feed or pharma products.)
- Develop bio industrial products and bio industrial technologies that use renewable, sustainable biomass, with a focus on agriculture and/or forestry biomass produced or available in Alberta
- Focus on developments leading to a competitive advantage for Alberta companies or some other direct benefit to Alberta
- Engage a team with demonstrated competence, experience and the organizational capacity to successfully complete the project
- Must include some or all of the following activities: scale-up, pilot, pre-commercial and commercial processing activities; biomass characterization with direct application to the bio industrial sector
Deadline DateCurrently closed. Program ends March 31, 2018.
Contact Name: Steve Price – Bio Industrial Innovation
Phone Number: 780-427-2567
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org