Value2022-23 ACP budget is $15.4 million.
The objective of the Alberta Community Partnership (ACP) is to improve the viability and long-term sustainability of municipalities.
Key program outcomes include:
- new or enhanced regional municipal services
- improved municipal capacity to respond to priorities
- effective intermunicipal relations
- Municipalities (cities, towns, villages, summer villages, municipal districts, specialized municipalities, improvement districts and special areas)
- Metis Settlements
- Townsite of Redwood Meadows Administration Society
- Calgary Metropolitan Region Board and Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board
- Municipally controlled planning service agencies (eligible only under the Municipal Internship component to host a Land Use Planner intern)
- Intermunicipal Collaboration – The government provides funding to partnerships of 2 or more municipalities to develop regional plans, service delivery frameworks and regional service delivery efficiencies. The deadline for 2022-23 IC applications is December 16, 2022.
- Municipal Restructuring – The government provides funding to municipalities involved with regional governance and municipal restructuring processes such as amalgamation, dissolution or viability reviews. The deadline for 2022-23 Municipal Restructuring applications is January 16, 2023.
- Mediation and Cooperative Processes – The government provides funding to municipalities to develop collaborative protocols and processes, to proactively manage conflict, and to establish an agreed-upon process for collaboration. The deadline for 2022-23 Mediation and Cooperative Processes applications is February 3, 2023.
- Municipal Internship – The government provides funding to municipalities and planning service agencies to recruit, train and retain competent municipal employees who may pursue careers in municipal administration, finance or land-use planning. The deadline for 2022-23 MI applications is October 3, 2022.
Contact Name: ACP program
Phone Number: 780-422-7125 or 310-0000 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org