ValueUp to $50,000
Alberta Digital Traction is a funding program of up to $50,000 for small-and medium-sized Alberta enterprises (SMEs) that have software development at the core of one or more of their products and/or services.
The program is a good fit for high potential, scaling, digital Alberta SMEs that have:
- an existing relationship with an approved Alberta-based entrepreneur program or a Technology Development Advisor (See the program guide for more information),
- a digital innovation that offers a significant competitive advantage over existing solutions,
- a minimum viable product to test,
- a technology that could scale up in one to two years, if successful, and
- customer acquisition targets and strategy for the next three years.
With the guidance of an Alberta-based entrepreneur program’s business coach or a Technology Development Advisor, eligible applicants can apply for up to $50,000 paid directly to the applicant.
Funding will cover eligible expenses required to complete up to three milestones to demonstrate traction. The applicant pays a minimum 25 percent cash contribution of the total eligible project costs.
Eligible project activities included in a milestone may include:
- Customer and/or client discovery;
- Digital market assessment and segmentation analysis;
- Data-driven, online market assessment testing;
- Product development based on client feedback;
- Advanced market assessment or segmentation analysis; or
- Advanced sales and/or marketing strategies.
Deadline DateThe next round will launch mid April 2022.
Contact Name: Tracey Kelly Business Partner - Entrepreneurial Investments, Regional Innovation, Alberta Innovates
Phone Number: 403-210-5320
E-mail Address: Tracey.Kelly@albertainnovates.ca