ValueSuccessful grant applications shall be awarded a base grant leveraging exemption of $30,000.
Alberta Land Trust Grant Program (LTGP) grants are available to eligible land trust organizations. These grants help establish and administer new conservation easements on private land and/or administer new conservation projects on land trusts titled land.
- Any registered Alberta land trust organization. The land trust organization must have stated in their mission statement that their purpose is for land conservation
- A land trust is a not-for-profit, non-government organization established to promote biodiversity conservation on private land. Any land trust currently operating in Alberta is eligible to apply but must provide other funding and demonstrate that their project aligns with the government’s overall conservation objectives
Funding can be used for:
- securement of a conservation easement
- land assessment and planning involved with a new conservation easement or donated title (for example, undertaking a baseline survey)
- administrative costs involved in obtaining or maintaining the conservation easement or donated title.
- costs must be directly related to the project
- examples include legal fees, accounting and book keeping
- staffing costs directly related to the project
- extension directly related to the project (for example, educational signage)
- grant funding cannot be used to raise funds or increase membership
- Stewardship Endowment to ensure the continued protection and maintenance of the property
- when funded, the development of new projects
Deadline DateJune 15th annually
Contact Name: Alberta Land Trust Program
Phone Number: 780 427-3595
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org