ValueThe grant covers 25% of eligible Alberta production costs to a maximum of $125,000.
The grant assists Alberta producers to develop Alberta content. It also helps them attract and maintain skilled labour by providing employment opportunities for emerging talent and established industry professionals.
Recognizing that small-budget productions have different funding needs than large-budget productions, the grant provides funding to help productions manage their immediate cash flow needs via an interim payment.
- Eligible organizations must be engaged primarily in film, television, and/or digital media production.
- They must demonstrate that their main activity is the creation of film or video productions available for public viewing.
- Applicants cannot be a broadcaster or distributor for the purposes of this project.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 51 per cent Alberta ownership and be incorporated and in good standing with the
Alberta Corporate Registry. Good standing refers to an annual return, and any other required documentation, being filed
regularly when due.
- Applicants must also be in good standing in all respects with the AMF by having no outstanding or overdue reporting
documents in relation to any other grants received.
In order to be eligible, the project must have:
• a total budget that is less than $499,999 (Alberta and Non-Alberta Costs);
• a minimum eligible Alberta spend of $50,000 or greater;
• a minimum 51 per cent ownership by the applicant organization with the rights to develop and exploit the project;
• a fully executed commercial license or distribution agreement through a non-related third party company;
• a minimum of 50 per cent secured financing (including projected AMPG funds);
• a principal photography date that commenced no more than 180 days prior to the opening of the application intake
window or will commence within 180 days following notification of grant approval; and
• a minimum length of 22 minutes (at Minister discretion, in some cases, shorts may be considered eligible).
Eligible genres and production types include:
• series, mini-series (a minimum of two thematically connected episodes), a pilot, movie of the week (MOW), or oneoff;
• scripted and fictional drama or comedy, documentary, or children’s productions;
• feature-length fictional film or a feature-length documentary as per industry standards; and/or
• live-action or animation.
Deadline DateApplication intake windows: January 2 to 16; July 2 to 16 annually
Contact Name: Alberta Made Production Grant program
Phone Number: 780-422-8584
E-mail Address: email@example.com