Receive a rebate per watt of total installed capacity ($/W), as per the table below. The rate tier is determined by the total installed capacity of a project submitted through a single AMSP Application. The rebate provided by the MCCAC will not exceed 20% of eligible expenses (not including the Early Applicant Bonus).
|Total Installed Capacity (DC)||Rebate|
|10 kilowatts to <150 kilowatts||$0.60/Watt|
|150 kilowatts to 1 Megawatt||$0.45/Watt|
The Alberta Municipal Solar Program (AMSP) provides financial rebates to Alberta municipalities who install solar photovoltaics (PV) on municipal facilities or land and complete public engagement for the project.
- Municipalities within the Province of Alberta
- Community-related organizations: non-profit community-related organizations (CROs) are eligible to participate if the project is located on municipally owned facilities or municipally owned land. While CROs are eligible to participate, the municipality must be the signatory to the funding agreement and all reimbursements made under the program will be directed to the municipality
- Expenses for the purchase of the solar PV equipment for the project (i.e. solar PV modules, racking, inverters, transformer (if any), cabling, conduit, fittings, disconnects and monitoring interface)
- Expenses for the design, development, energy modelling, engineering (structural, electrical, civil, geotechnical), specification, procurement, and construction of the project
- Expenses for obtaining the required electrical permit and grid-connected approvals, and any required building and development permits; and 3 “Total installed capacity” means the sum total of installed capacity, measured in watts DC, of all solar PV systems installed under a single AMSP Application 4
- Expenses for completing the required electrical inspection and building inspection for the project