Alberta – Nuevo Leon aims to provide assistance to for-profit SMEs from Alberta and Nuevo León interested in entering into a joint project to develop strategic, industry-driven technology that involves novel and innovative products and materials leading to commercialization.
We work with SMEs in matchmaking initiatives and engaging the Nuevo Leon market. Alberta Innovates and the government of Nuevo Leon’s Secretaria de Economia y Trabajo are seeking to generate economic and social benefits for both Alberta and Nuevo Leon.
Areas of focus
This collaborative program is intended to improve opportunities for joint projects in innovative technology development, and commercialization activities between Alberta and Nuevo Leon in the priority areas of:
- ICT (mobile, security, Internet of Things, data analytics, interactive digital media, artificial intelligence, and robotics).
- be a for-profit SME;
- demonstrate the relationship between the Alberta Applicant and the Nuevo Leon Applicant does not create a conflict of interest;
- meet the following definition of an SME: a company with fewer than 500 Full Time employees, and less than $50,000,000 annual revenue;
- have a physical presence in Alberta or Nuevo Leon;
- be a legal entity:
- incorporated in Alberta or Nuevo Leon; orALBERTA INNOVATES 3 PROGRAM GUIDE: Alberta-Nuevo Leon Round 1 2019
- incorporated federally or in another jurisdiction and extra-provincially registered in Alberta; or
- a General Partnership, Limited Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership and registered in Alberta;
- have no outstanding balance or otherwise owe money to Alberta Innovates and its subsidiaries, InnoTech Alberta and C-FER Technologies, or with the government of Nuevo Leon.
To qualify for funding all Projects must:
• have the participation of at least one Applicant from each jurisdiction;
• fall within the round priority area of technology;
• attend all Program workshops and Program related sessions (mandatory);
• be completed within two (2) years from Project beginning;
• Nuevo Leon Applicant must be approved by Secretaria de Economia y Trabajo in Nuevo Leon prior to Application;
• not be pure research in nature and must have potential for commercialization, including patents;
• include a commitment to 4 face-to-face meeting during the term of the Project;
Contact Name: Alberta – Nuevo Leon
E-mail Address: NuevoLeon@albertainnovates.ca