ValueUp to 30% of your project total to a maximum of $99,999.
Apeetogosan (MÉTIS) Development Inc. & Pinnacle Business Services Ltd. provides equity assistance for the start-up or the expansion of small businesses. The grant is for Métis, Inuit or Non-Status individuals and is named The Métis Entrepreneurs’ Assistance Program (MEAP).
- You must be an Alberta Resident and your business must be located in Alberta, (starting a business in another province? Contact the office to ask for the phone number of the AFI for your province).
- You must have a minimum of 6 months to one year of experience in the industry you are starting your business
- Projects must be a start-up or expansion of a business.
- The business must generate an income for the applicant of at least $20,000 annually
- Total project must exceed $20,000
- The applicant must obtain financing through a commercial lender for the costs that are not covered by the grant and the cash equity (if you have already received financing
For more detailed information on your eligibility, please click the link indicated below.
For more information, please click the link indicated below.
Note: Certain costs are not eligible to be covered by the grant. These costs include; purchase of land and/or buildings, anything involving tobacco, cannabis distribution, gambling products or alcohol, development of any product, paying for a patent or assisting with testing of inventions/products, and development of land (creation of roads and infrastructure).