ValueMaximum of $15,000
The Apiculture – Producer Rebate Program provides apiarists with a rebate for approved eligible equipment expenses that improve biosecurity practices.
You are eligible to apply for a rebate if:
- You are a Saskatchewan apiarist;
- You are 18 years of age;
- You must file income tax in Saskatchewan demonstrating a minimum of $15,000 in gross farm income in the year of the application to the program;
- You have a Saskatchewan Premises Identification number;
- You have completed the Saskatchewan Beekeepers Development Commission Biosecurity training; and
- You have completed an on-site self-assessment and it has been validated by the Provincial Apiculturist.
Items below are rebated at 50 per cent of actual cost to the maximums where indicated. Items must be identified on the Biosecurity Equipment Recommendation Report validated by the Provincial Apiculturist to be considered for funding.
- Paraffin dipping equipment to treat and sanitize wood beekeeping equipment;
- Wax melters (old/diseased comb removal):
- American foulbrood (AFB) and European foulbrood (EFB) testing kits;
- Refrigeration units for wax moths and small hive beetle control;
- Microscope and equipment for detecting Nosema and other diseases:
- Must include magnification of 40X, 100X and 400X; and
- Mobile 3000 psi or greater pressure washer:
- Hot water or bleach sprayer including hoses and nozzles.
Contact Name: Ministry of Agriculture, Programs Branch