Apprenticeship Service Program provides up to $72,500,000 per year to intermediaries that have the capacity to support SMEs to hire new, first-year apprentices.
We will select organizations that will act as intermediaries to:
- manage and distribute funds to Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) across Canada to hire a minimum of 2,500 new, first-year Red Seal apprentices, per year, in 1 or more of the 39 construction and/or manufacturing Red Seals trades
- provide SMEs with the following financial incentive:
- an initial $5,000 for the hiring of a new, first-year apprentice in 1 or more of the 39 construction and/or manufacturing Red Seal trades
- provide an additional $5,000 if the apprentice is from a key group: women, Indigenous people, newcomers, persons with disabilities, racialized communities, including Black Canadians and LGBTQ2+
- provide SMEs with additional supports to increase their participation in the apprenticeship system
- sign agreements with eligible SMEs