This program provides support for individual Alberta artists or an ensemble of artists through the purchase of their artwork as a permanent part of the Alberta Foundation for the Arts Collection.
Individual eligibility criteria:
To be eligible for this acquisitions program, you must be a resident of Alberta. This means you:
- are legally entitled to be or remain in Canada
- are legally entitled to work in Canada
- have had your primary residence in Alberta for at least one full year before applying
- Artist residencies and PHD programs are eligible if they are self-directed and do not have a formal art-training component
Galleries/Agents eligibility criteria:
- Incorporated production companies are not eligible to apply
- Sole proprietorships must apply as an gallery/agent classification and the sole owner must complete the above Designation form
Through this opportunity, you may apply to have your artworks purchased to become part of the AFA’s permanent Art Collection. The AFA acquires artwork at fair market value. Fair market value is established by the record of sales of the artwork of the specific artist and comparable artwork by other artists who are peers working in similar media.
Deadline DateApril 1, 2021
Contact Name: Elizabeth Capak, Art Collections Consultant - Acquisitions
Phone Number: 780-638-2850
E-mail Address: AFA.firstname.lastname@example.org