ValueProtein Industries Canada will be investing $30 million into these artificial intelligence projects. The program will reimburse up to 45 per cent of reconciled eligible costs
Protein Industries Canada’s artificial intelligence program aims to meet the need for new tools and technologies by co-investing in collaborative projects, comprised of consortia of two or more partner companies, that utilize artificial intelligence to help grow Canada’s plant-based food, feed and ingredients ecosystem.
For a project to be considered eligible for investment, it must:
- Be submitted by a consortium of at minimum two (2) Protein Industries Canada members, at least one of which is a Small or Medium Enterprise (SME)
- A consortium may include academic or research institution(s). This is not mandatory but is encouraged.
- At least two members of the consortium must contribute financially to the project.
- At least two partners must be Canadian companies or multi-national corporations who are legally entitled to do business in Canada with a significant Canadian business operation. Non-Canadian entities can participate in a consortium, based on approval by Protein Industries Canada.
Protein Industries Canada will organize the delivery of AI commercialization support around three distinct streams:
- Project Stream – is designed to help individual companies within the plant-based food, feed and ingredient ecosystem incorporate AI as a core business function.
- System Steam – focus on overall sector competitiveness and will require multiple partners from the plant-based food, feed and ingredient ecosystem to collaborate on a common goal that benefits the members of the consortia and the entire sector.
- Community Steam – will help ensure that benefits of AI application in the plant-based food space are achieving societal benefits. This stream will focus on the nexus between plant-based foods and human health, as well as between plant-based foods environmental health.
The list of eligible activities for the AI Commercialization Stream includes:
- Technology leadership
- Partnerships for scale
- Diverse and skilled talent pools
- Access to innovation
- Global advantage
Contact Name: Protein Industries Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com