The B.C. Tree Fruit Replant Program is funded by the B.C. government and provides financial help for growers to replace fruit trees with varieties that will meet consumer demands for high-value, high-quality B.C. fruit.
- The applicant must be the owner or lessee of the land located in BC to be replanted.
- The applicant must certify an intention to maintain the property as a commercial orchard operation for a period of at least 5 years from the date of replanting. Applicants with projects that are removed within that 5 year period may be required to repay any funds paid.
- The applicant must own or operate an orchard with a total area of at least 5 acres (or 2 hectares) in tree fruits.
- The minimum eligible acreage of a tree fruit variety replant block for replant funding is 1 acre. If the project is adding onto an existing block of the same commodity and variety then the total contiguous acreage of existing and new commodity and variety must be more than one acre.
- Replant projects are eligible only in the year of planting finished trees (for purposes of the BC Tree Fruit Replant Program Application, bench grafts planted in the prior year are equivalent to a finished tree planted in the current year.).
- The maximum eligible acreage for 2020 replant funding is 10 acres per farm operation.
- The area of orchard to be replanted must have fruit trees removed in the previous 5 years
- Apple replant
- Soft fruit and pear replant
- Bioassay Test
Deadline DateCheck BC Fruit Growers' Association website indicated below for more information.
Contact Name: BC Fruit Growers' Association
Phone Number: 250-762-5226
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org