ValueUp to $10,000 per individual
The Back to Ag Program is a funding project focused on supporting the cost of adaptive technology for farmers that have experienced a traumatic injury. The Back to Ag Program is funded by Farm Credit Canada (FCC) and delivered in partnership with Canadian Agricultural Safety Association (CASA) and the Rick Hanson Foundation.
- Must be resident in Canada;
- Eligible farmers must be the age of majority in the province they reside and actively be involved in an agricultural operation.
- Experienced a life-altering incident resulting in a traumatic injury and would like to return to work on the farm safely.
Eligible Project Activities and Expenditures:
a. Farming must be conducted in Canada ;
b. Expenditures to be incurred after the signing of the award letter;
c. Renovation, construction and retrofitting of out buildings or equipment including but not limited to:
- Constructing an interior or exterior ramp;
- Installing wider doors or installing automated door openers;
- Raising or lowering sinks and/or counters in outbuilding;
- Building an accessible washroom in outbuilding;
- Installing accessible door handles and light switches;
- Installing an elevator or lift;
- Construction materials, supplies and related expenditures (i.e. trades);
- Leasing or purchasing of equipment for the purposes of retrofit, modification, construction or renovation;
- Fence gate latches
d. Retrofit and Modification of vehicles including but not limited to:
- Wheelchair and Tractor lifts;
- Hand controls;
- Modifications to Grain Augers, Combines
- Control modifications for Prosthesis
e. Provision of accessible information/communication technologies including but not limited to:
- Speaker phones; Mobile technology software
Contact Name: Back to Ag program
E-mail Address: email@example.com.