BC Agrifood & Seafood Market Development Program is a five-year Federal-Provincial cost-shared program, funded through the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, that provide supports to the development of marketing skills and plans, the creation of market research and export-focused promotional materials, and participation in export-focused market development activities, including reaching new customers through inter-provincial/ international trade shows.
- have a head office in B.C. or be entitled to do business in B.C.;
- be selling or marketing a product that is grown or processed in B.C.;
- contribute a minimum percentage of the total project budget in cash, towards eligible project costs as follows:
- 50% for B.C.-based primary agriculture and/or cooperatives;
- agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood processors
- 30% for industry associations, boards, or councils
- Have total annual gross revenues (i.e. sales) greater than $30,000 per year for the most recent two years (applies only to primary agriculture and/or cooperatives; and
agriculture, food and beverage, and/or seafood processors).
Note: Seafood Harvesters and Fishermen are ineligible for this program.
Support B.C. businesses at each stage of export development through providing cost-shared funding for:
- Marketing Information and Research
- Market Development Planning
- Marketing Skills Training
- Market Development Export Activities
- Marketing Collateral and Promotional Tools