ValueMaximum program payment of $15,000 per operation
The Bison-Producer Assurance Rebate Program provides bison producers with a rebate for approved eligible equipment expenses that improve animal welfare practices.
You are eligible to apply for a rebate if:
- You are a Saskatchewan bison producer;
- You are 18 years of age;
- You must file income tax in Saskatchewan demonstrating a minimum of $50,000 in gross farm income in the year of the application;
- You have a Saskatchewan Premises Identification number.
- You have completed the Bison Biosecurity and Welfare program training; and
- You have had an assessment completed by a veterinarian licensed in Saskatchewan.
Animal Welfare Improvements
- Bud box (Max rebate: $2,500):
- Basic bud box;
- Dart guns;
- Crash gate;
- Neck brace;
- Squeeze chute/exit alleyway handling chute (Max rebate: $6,000):
- Portable or stationary, manual or hydraulic including powerpak, all types of gates, extra restraints including neck extender, head holder, sternum bar,
- Head gate if purchased standalone;
- Belting for alleyways;
- Non-slip rubber padding;
- Stationary or portable covering for the handling chute (Max rebate: $3,000):
- Frame with tin/metal roofing, and
- Tarp system;
- Movable/free-standing panels and gates:
- Segregation box stalls;
- Weigh scale:
- Max rebate: $2,500 for weigh scale system including load bars, platform, load cells, cables and basic weigh indicator, and
- Max rebate: $550 for basic weigh indicator when purchased standalone; and
- Loading chute (Max rebate: $3,000):
- Metal, and
- Portable or stationary, adjustable.
Contact Name: Ministry of Agriculture, Programs Branch
E-mail Address: email@example.com