Value75% of their previous weekly earnings when combined with Employment Insurance benefits.
Bridge to Re-employment Relief Grant provides financial assistance to workers as they search for a new job.
You were employed with one or more of the following
- Battle River 3, 4, 5 – ATCO Power
- Genesee 1, 2, and 3 – Capital Power
- Keephills 1 and 2 – TransAlta
- Keephills 3 – Capital Power/TransAlta
- Sheerness 1 and 2 – ATCO
- Sundance 1 to 6 – TransAlta
- HR Milner – Maxim Power
- Highvale mine – TransAlta, and
- Sheerness, Genesee, and Paintearth mines – Westmoreland Coal Company
You had continuous employment for at least one year immediately prior to the date of your layoff.
Your date of layoff is on or after January 2, 2018
Workers will receive up to 75% of their previous weekly earnings when combined with Employment Insurance benefits.
Relief grant payments are issued every 2 weeks for 45 weeks or until they gain full-time employment, whichever is shorter. If a worker finds temporary full-time employment (35 hrs/week or more) payments will be paused for up to 12 months.
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Government of Alberta
Phone Number: 1-877-644-9992 and select option 6
E-mail Address: CSS.CSDCWTPSupports@gov.ab.ca