ValueIndividual Aboriginal entrepreneurs may receive up to $99,999 in funding assistance for a single project. For community-owned businesses, assistance can be up to $1,000,000.
The Aboriginal Business Development Program is intended to maximize Aboriginal people’s participation in the economy through business development. The program provides support to Aboriginal entrepreneurs for a range of activities including business planning, start-up, expansion and/or marketing. Through this Program, eligible majority-owned Aboriginal enterprises have access to financial assistance, business information and resource materials and advice regarding other possible sources of financing or business support. The level of support for a business project will depend on a range of factors including, but not limited to, the scale and scope of the development, financial history and projections, and availability of resources.
- Applicants must be individuals of Canadian Aboriginal heritage (Status or Non-status Indian, Métis or Inuit) or a majority-owned Aboriginal business, financial organization, or development corporation
- To be eligible for support, applicants should be involved with the proposed business full time in a management capacity and must be able to provide some level of cash equity to support the project
- Business planning
- Capital costs, including associated operating costs
- Business acquisitions and expansions
- Marketing initiatives that are local, domestic or export oriented
- New product or process development
- Adding technology to improve operations or competitiveness
- Financial services, business support, business related training and mentoring services
Contact Name: o In Nunavut, call: 867-975-3734 or email email@example.com o In the Northwest Territories, call: 867-766-8327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org o In Yukon, call: 867-667-3263 or email email@example.com