The Business, Non-Profit and Institutional Energy Savings Program offers incentives to encourage organizations to choose high-efficiency products. Once your organization has installed an approved high-efficiency heating or lighting product you can apply for the rebate. Once approved, you’ll receive a cheque that will help cover the cost of the equipment.
This program encourages organizations to replace outdated and inefficient equipment faster than they may normally, to help reduce emissions. You’ll save money which you can reinvest into your organization, or use however you’d like.
All business, non-profit and institutional customers serviced by an Alberta electric or gas utility are eligible, except for large final emitters—as defined under Alberta’s Specified Gas Emitters Regulation. Sectors targeted by the program include, but are not limited to:
- Institutions such as schools, hospitals, universities, and colleges
- Office buildings
- Shopping malls
- Individual small or medium businesses (e.g. tenants within the above types of buildings, or standalone businesses)
- Big box stores
- Car dealerships
- Industries such as agri-food, manufacturing, resource extraction
Products eligible in the first year:
- Efficient lighting products: LED T8s, LED bulbs, LED low/medium/high-bay fixtures, LED exterior fixtures, T5HO high-bay fixtures, occupancy controls, etc.
- Efficient Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment: Commercial warm air furnaces, hot water commercial packaged boilers
- Efficient water heating equipment: Condensing water heaters, tankless water heaters
Contact Name: Energy Efficiency Alberta
Phone Number: 1-844-357-5604
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org