ValueProfessional Arts Festivals: the CAPF can support up to 25% of eligible expenses, or a maximum of $100,000 in the case of grants and $500,000 in the case of contributions. In exceptional circumstances, support of up to $1,000,000 may be available for festivals with total eligible expenses over $5,000,000. Performing Arts Series Presenters: the CAPF can support up to 25% of eligible expenses, or a maximum of $100,000 in the case of grants and $200,000 in the case of contributions.
Canada Arts Presentation Fund (CAPF) – Programming: Professional Arts Festivals and Performing Arts Series Presenters provides financial assistance to organizations that professionally present arts festivals or performing arts series (arts presenters).
- a not-for-profit organization incorporated under Part II of the Canada Corporations Act or the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act (or under corresponding provincial or territorial legislation);
- a provincial, territorial or municipal institution (including agencies and public educational institutions that organize presentation activities for the public); or
- an Aboriginal peoples institution or organization (Aboriginal peoples include Inuit, Métis, Status and Non-Status people).
Only project-related expenses are eligible, which can be of cash and in-kind value; these may include:
- costs related to the selection of artists, artists’ fees, and per diems, accommodation and travel related to artists;
- administrative and presenting salaries or fees;
- promotion/marketing costs, including costs associated with social media;
- hall and venue rentals or equal value of operating costs;
- technical and front of house costs;
- costs related to community engagement activities, including audience development/outreach activities;
- costs incurred for organizing volunteer participation;
- training and professional development activities for arts presenters, such as workshop facilitation, registration and material costs, coordination, mentorship expenses, travel, accommodation and per diems related to business activities; and
- administration costs.
Deadline DateApril 1 and October 1 for activities which will occur after April 1st of the following year.
Contact Name: Department of Canadian Heritage
Phone Number: 819-997-0055 or 1-866-811-0055 (toll-free)
E-mail Address: email@example.com