Value$55 million over 5 years
Canada Nature Fund for Aquatic Species at Risk aims to slow the decline of aquatic species at risk and enable a leap forward in species recovery through the injection of targeted funding for recovery activities that address priority threats and places.
To be eligible, applicants must demonstrate how their projects and associated activities:
- address a Canada Nature Fund for Aquatic Species at Risk (CNFASAR) priority area or threat, and align with or complement the activities that DFO is seeking to fund;
- target aquatic species listed in Schedule 1 of the Species at Risk Act, or assessed as Endangered, Threatened or Special Concern by COSEWIC;
- align with existing federal, provincial, or other local plans where recovery measures and priorities have been identified in recovery documentation (i.e., management plans, recovery strategies, and action plans);
- benefit multiple aquatic species at risk; and
- engage a broad number of partners;
This funding provides an opportunity to focus on key priority threats and places for aquatic species at risk.
For more information, please click the link indicated below.
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Government of Canada