ValueNon-repayable contributions range from $3,000 to $500,000. The program provides reimbursement of up to 50 percent of eligible expenses.
As one of the many tools deployed by the Government of Canada to increase prosperity, the CanExport Community Investments program provides financial support to communities for their foreign direct investment (FDI) initiatives and activities.
The program provides support to Canadian communities seeking to improve their capacity to attract, retain and expand FDI in order to create jobs for Canadians, support innovation and increase exports.
Eligible recipients are Canadian communities and non-profit, locally based organizations that are seeking assistance, for example:
- to offset costs associated with developing marketing tools aimed at foreign investors;
- for specific FDI training;
- to identify potential investors and/or coordinate interactions with them; or
- to develop and implement multi-year international investment attraction and retention strategies.
- FDI Strategic Planning and Analysis
- FDI tool and material development
- FDI training
- FDI Lead Generation and Meetings with Potential Investors
* Please be sure to align the expenses listed for each component of your project with the correct eligible expenses.
Deadline DateThe application period for 2022 projects is from October 4th to November 19th, 2021
Contact Name: Government of Canada
E-mail Address: email@example.com