ValueFunds up to 50% of eligible costs for $10,000 to $50,000 in funding per project. The applicant may submit a maximum budget of $100,000; the minimum budget is set at $20,000.
CanExport SMEs provides up to $50,000 to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) registered in Canada for international business development activities. The program helps develop export opportunities for products and services in new international markets.
CanExport SMEs is open to all industry sectors. To be eligible, your company must satisfy 5 essential criteria:
- Be for-profit
- Be an incorporated legal entity or a limited liability partnership (LLP) in Canada
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number
- Have 500 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
- Have $100,000 to $100 million in annual revenue declared in Canada during its last complete tax reporting year (or during the last 12 months for monthly and quarterly filers)
- Travel for meetings/events with key contacts from target market(s)
- Participation in trade events to meet key contacts from target market(s)
- Marketing tools creation, adaptation and translation for target market(s)
- Interpretation services for target market(s)
- Intellectual property protection, certification and adaptation of contracts for target market(s)
- Consultant – Business, tax and legal advice for target market(s)
- Consultant – Market research, feasibility studies, identification of key contacts and b2b facilitation for target market(s)
CanExport SMEs also support several categories of non-travel activities to help prepare for international markets. We also encourage virtual participation in international trade events and meetings.
Deadline DateCanExport SMEs is currently open for projects starting in fiscal year 2022-2023.
Contact Name: CanExport
Phone Number: 1-866-203-2454
E-mail Address: CanExportSMEs@international.gc.ca