ValueCombined loan and grant for up to 80% of eligible project costs; Maximum of $5 million per project. Up to 25% as a grant and the remainder as a loan
Make significant reductions in energy-use and GHG emissions by retrofitting community buildings over time. This funding enables the implementation of longer-term, multi-measure retrofit capital projects that contribute to a GHG reduction pathway.
To be eligible for this grant, projects must include at least one community building that is owned by a municipality or not-for-profit organization.
A community building is an enclosed public place or an enclosed workplace that is:
- owned by a municipal government or not-for-profit;
- primarily used for the purposes of providing athletic, recreational, culture and community programs or services to the local community;
- widely accessible to everyone offering services designed to enhance the health and well-being, skills development, and economic development of individuals and communities.
Community buildings include:
- indoor ice rinks, indoor sports arenas, indoor swimming pools,
- community and recreational centres (e.g., community centres, clubhouses, seniors’ centres and clubs, recreation centres, gyms, halls, and curling rinks),
- arts and culture facilities (cultural facilities, performing arts facilities, art galleries, and auditoriums),
- libraries, and
- multi-purpose buildings which include one or more of the above community functions as well as other services/administrative functions.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities
Phone Number: 16132415221
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org