ValueRegular loans and grants: Receive a low-interest loan of up to $5 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.; High-ranking project loans and grants: These qualify for a low-interest loan of up to $10 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.
We fund capital projects of initiatives that target net zero energy performance in new municipal facilities. This funding helps Canadian cities and communities of all sizes use less energy, which reduces their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and improves their air quality.
All Canadian municipal governments; Municipal partners applying in partnership with a municipal government.
Your capital project must include a combination of energy efficient measures that together, target net zero energy performance in a new municipal facility (administration buildings, police stations and fire halls, recreation centres and arenas, wastewater treatment plants, etc.). Most of the funding goes to projects in municipally owned buildings, but a non-municipally owned building may be eligible if it is used mostly for municipal purposes.
Examples of what you might implement:
A combination of these measures:
- Design and construction approaches
- Passive energy efficiency (e.g., directional orientation, natural features)
- Alternative building components and materials (e.g., insulation, walls, windows)
- Advanced automation and control systems
- Advanced heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Harvesting energy from process loads or waste (e.g., sewer heat recovery)
- On-site renewable energy generation and storage (e.g., solar, wind, geothermal or geo-exchange systems)
- Other measures targeting net zero energy or carbon
Deadline DateThis funding has a two-stage application process with the following deadlines: Initial Review Form: Complete and submit year-round. Potential applicants may submit initial review forms at any time. Application forms will be provided to eligible recipients.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
Phone Number: 1-877-417-0550
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org