ValueRegular loans and grants: Receive a low-interest loan of up to $5 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs; High-ranking project loans and grants: These qualify for a low-interest loan of up to $10 million and a grant worth up to 15% of the loan; cover up to 80% of your eligible costs.
We offer combined loan and grant funding for capital projects that reduce pollution in Canadian communities by improving transportation systems and networks or encouraging people to switch to less polluting transportation options. This funding helps Canadian cities and communities of all sizes reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) and improve their air quality.
All Canadian municipal governments; Municipal partners applying in partnership with a municipal government.
Your capital project should do at least one of the following:
- Reduce the number of vehicles on the road, the number of kilometres they travel, or the amount of time they spend transporting people or goods
- Get people to use their vehicles more efficiently or switch to less polluting forms of transportation (i.e., a modal shift to public transit, walking, or cycling).
Examples of what you might implement:
- Ridesharing and ride hailing programs
- On-demand transportation solutions
- First- and last-mile solutions
- Bike sharing
- Connecting commuters to park-and-ride facilities
- Active transportation infrastructure (e.g., bike lanes)
- Walking and cycling networks that promote accessibility and safety
- Integrated transportation solutions (e.g., bike share and transit) to reduce fuel consumption and promote transit use.
- Solutions to reduce personal vehicle use, reduce congestion and/or incent Zero Emission Vehicle adoption (e.g., low emission zones, commercial delivery vehicle measures)
Deadline DateThis funding has a two-stage application process with the following deadlines: Initial Review Form: Complete and submit year-round. Potential applicants may submit initial review forms at any time. Application forms will be provided to eligible recipients.
Contact Name: Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)
Phone Number: 1-877-417-0550
E-mail Address: 1-877-417-0550