The Cattle and Sheep Industry Enhancement Program seeks to improve industry competitiveness and resilience by:
- enhancing animal health and welfare;
- disease prevention and control; and
- improving genetic potential.
Adoption of improved practices will assist farms in their commitment to industry sustainability and growth by supporting:
- education and awareness;
- implementing safe handling equipment and training;
- utilizing new pastures to minimize parasite load; and
- performance evaluation testing.
An eligible applicant is a farm that:
- is currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act;
- is at least 19 years of age and actively farming in the programyear;
- has generated an annual eligible gross commodity income of $30,000.
- producers must have a Premise Identification.
- is currently in good standing with Sheep Producers Association of Nova Scotia (“SPANS”)
Please click the link indicated below for more information.
Deadline DatePlease click the link indicated below for update.
Contact Name: Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
Phone Number: 902 893-6377
E-mail Address: email@example.com